We all have heard the saying “April showers bring May flowers”. I want to see some of those pretty May flowers used on your card or project this week. It’s easy to buy all sorts of flowers at the craft store, but using those wouldn’t be too challenging, so I’ve got a twist for you. I would like to see handmade flowers this week. You can make them anyway you like, as long as they are made by you (not store bought). Some examples of easy ways to create flowers are punching, rolling, die cutting, crocheting and crumpling tissue (the possibilities are endless). Check out what the design team has created for some inspiration. Hope you will join the fun and make some lovely flowers this week!
One lucky person will win a free image from the Designed2Delight Store. Winner is announced the Sunday after the challenge closes.
**Any image can be used to be eligible for this prize.
If you are coming up short with ideas for making your own flowers, here is a tutorial I put together several months ago to create your own Faux Prima Flowers. Design Team member, Debbie F., has a shared a flower crochet pattern on CDAC.
Other handmade flower tutorials from our Designers:
Lola has a Make Your Own Felt and Fabric Flowers Tutorial, Debbie S. has a Scalloped Punched Paper Flower Tutorial, Michelle has a Scallop Punched Flower/Medallion Tutorial, and past DT member, Sherrie, has a Make Your Own Ribbon Roses Tutorial.
Here are some samples from our DT beginning with our Guest Designer.
Designed by Heidi Brawley ~ Guest Designer
- Stamps: “Bloom, Grow, Dream“
- Paper: Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo by Stampin Up and the DP is by Imaginisce
- Coloring Medium: Copics
- Extra Details: double crocheted flowers with adhesive pearls in the centers, Martha Steward branch punch and butterfly punch, image is cut out using Labels 3 Nestabilities Die, pink adhesive rhinestones on the butterrfly, pop dots on the main image, and hot pink velvet ric rac running thru the center
- Stamps: “Spring Cupcake” FREE Digital Stamp
- Paper: DCWV “The Pocket full of Posies”, the Paper Studio “So-So-Sweet”, Purple Cardstock
- Coloring Medium: ProMarkers
- Size: A2
- Stamps: Neighbors
- Paper: PTI, October Afternoon
- Coloring Medium: copics
- Size: A2
- Stamps: Bullfrogs & Butterflies – (White Filled Flowers)
- Paper: Digital Pink Gingham Paper – Create with TLC & CTMH
- Coloring Medium: Wet Paintbrush with dye inks
- Size: A2 (4.25 x 5.5)